Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Painting in Picasso's home town

So, I'm kinda in awe. I'll be taking a painting class in the town Picasso was born. The class is down the street from the Picasso Museum, and Picasso Foundation. You should see the building - I just want to photograph every part of it, it's so ridiculously fun and typically Spanish.

Now before I jump into dreams of my own art career grandeur - I need to remember I'm even doing this because my boss had me look for a ministry outside where I work, MMC. (Read the full post on this here).

So it turns out the act of simply painting - not just what you paint can be powerful - or we'll see. I'll keep you guys posted on this class. I start October 7th. I have a list of things to get just like college - kinda cool.

Jeannie, where are you with your painting? Mark what are you up to? Let's just make this a conversation place! Forget polished articles, etc. We are not such polished people - or at least not me. I love Jeannie's name, work in progress. So true!

1 Comments:

Blogger WorkInProgress said...

Kristin,
I am sad to say that I haven't painted in a while. But I don't do with a brush and canvas I feel like I make up in other areas. I have been taking lots of pics on my digital camera, and when I can I am sketching with pen and ink in my sketch book. The issue I always run into with painting is that it takes a big time commiment (setup, work, and then cleanup). The truth is, I am not sure if painting is necessarily my favorite way of making art. I seem to be content in multiple mediums, just as long as I get to CREATE. I am excited to dive more into my work though, as I work through that devotional you bought me on the Creative Call, and work on a piece I have been commissioned to do by a co-worker in my office. THere is also lots of buzz around the church about art, now that we have a new Director of Worship and Arts. I think they may want me to do some sort of installation or paint on stage during worship. This makes me nervous, but really, what better place for me to use my talents right now.

And by the way, I am so jealous you are painting in Picasso's home town- that is SO COOL!

September 21, 2005 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home